Minh Ba, medicine and the midwest

Friday, December 30, 2005

I need some help

Well, actualy my parents do. My mom has finally succumbed to the fact that she will probably not get another permanent full time job. She got laid off from a company she worked for over 15 years about 2 years ago, and has been working part time at the school district. After they kept promising to hire her full time and give her benifits, time and time again, she has finally dropped it. I want nothing more than for my mom and dad to be retired and enjoy life, but what brings them joy is work. They are the hardest working people I know, and I don't think they know anything else but work.

My dad has decided to open up a company fixing computers and their components for my mom, and they asked me to come up with a name for it. This is where you guys come in, because you fu*ks (that would be all of you guys reading this) are the most creative people I know. My only suggestion, as gay as it sounds, is MTD (For Mau/Tuy/Dang) Computer Solutions...pretty plain, and pretty lame. The gimic could be: "Pissed off at those Dang computers, let Mau and Tuy Dang fix those problems," Yeah...I dunno, my creative juices are null right now. So, please post some ideas, serious ones, stupid ones, funny ones or profane ones, I don't care...any help would be greatly appreciated and would be rewarded with Pho the next time you are in the Couv. So name suggestions, poster/gimmic suggestions (ie. pics/slogan) would be awesome.

3 Comments:

  • Happy New Years Jimmy,
    Have you ever thought about just plain "Dang Computers!" with a the emblem of a really frustrated guy and a broken computer :). I think that's an ad I could really identify with.

    By Blogger Scott, at 4:05 AM  

  • Happy New Years Minh!

    I still post incognito since my life is way less exciting than yours or even Boyd's (he's a pretty boring guy). Good to hear you had a great holiday, here's my best suggestion for the computer shop: Computers, Me Fix You Long Time OR Computer Repair Shop. I think those are basically the only two options.

    Let me know when you're in the state of Washington again.

    -Harlow

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:22 PM  

  • Thanks for the names, I will pass those along to the parents. Would it be wierd if the computer shop had a piture of my mom in a skimpy outfit with the quote "me fix you long time"? Yeah...how's that for a creepy mental picture...anywhooo...Happy New Years to you guys also.

    By Blogger Jimmy, at 5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home