Minh Ba, medicine and the midwest

Monday, July 17, 2006

Holy hotness

Today the temperature in good 'ole Clinton, MO hit about 100degrees, with the heat index it got almost up to 110. It supposed to be this way for the next three to four days. All I can say, is thank God for air conditioning, and not having to pay for the bill. For those that don't know, I'm out in Clinton for my rural family practice rotation and they are kind enough to put me and another student up in an apartment for the month. It is actually a pretty decent apartment and it is well furnished, the area is also decently nice with plenty of stores and restaurants, something I didn't expect for this town. It has about 9,000 people in this town, and the town I drive to on Mondays and Wednesdays (Windsor, MO) has a total of 3,000 people. In between Clinton and Windsor is a town called Calhoun, with a whole 430 people; that's smaller than my HS graduating class. Also along the way to Windsor is a sign pointing to a town 15 miles out called Tightwad...that's right....Tightwad. I'm going to go explore it next week if I get out of clinic early.

Anyways, that's all I got time for right now, hope all is well with everyone, I will try as I always say I do to update this more...but I guess you'll just have to wait and see if I'll actually do it.

-Dang

1 Comments:

  • Jimmy, I sure hope there's pictures of Tightwad coming our way.

    By Blogger Scott, at 4:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home