Minh Ba, medicine and the midwest

Friday, August 18, 2006

Destination unknown.....ruby ruby ruby soho.....

Yeahhhhhhhhh....I made it to Ohio... so far another state uncharted by the Dang. These next couple days should be interesting, hopefully I'll have time to explore the best of what Ohio has to offer. Well...I Just got in, picked up my pimp @$$ rental car the Chevy Cobalt (Sure as hell doesn't beat the El Camino that Sarah took me to the airport in today)...and now i've sorta settled into Jake and Kirin's condo in Columbus. I will have more details on this "trip" later when I get back to Kansas City on Wednesday (Maybe earlier if I get some extra time this week), but it's getting late and I have to be at the hospital in Dayton by 6:00 tommorrow...so I think this calls for bedtime.

2 Comments:

  • Jimmy whats up, just checked out your blog. What are your thoughts about the huge uninsured population in the states and its contribution to the high cost of healthcare. The uninsured patient populus mostly rely on emergency care, which turns out to be a lot more expensive than preventative care. Its like treating asma with ER visits during attacks instead of inhalers at doctors checkups or infant ICU hours instead of prenatal pills. These costs are inedvertantly carried over to the insured patients like you and me since the hospitals are required, by US law, to stabilize any emergency cases they receive before transfering to a public hospital regardles of ability to pay for medical treatment. The 45 million uninsured makes this a significant financial burden. I mean that's more than the population of Canada, by about ten million. Not to mention the lower success rate and lowered probability of benefit of care given during such deteriorating conditions. I hope this made sence. Hit me up with your thoughts. Reading your blog pumped me up big time for school. I am a bit nervous though, maybe even scared, who knows. Any advice would definitely be much appreciated. Stay Well.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:25 AM  

  • Euguvkneee...ha...I didn't know how to spell your real name...so I spelled it out phonetically. Creepy thing about your question is that another student that I am rotating with this month, posed that same exact question to me yesterday, because he is looking into emergency medicine. I will definitely post my thought on it a little later. I have lots of opinions about all that...but not enough time to post it just yet. Good luck with school, you have nothing to be worried about...you got in...that was the hardest part. If you have any questions along the way...philosophical or not...or just about school/studying tips...keep posting them or e-mail me for a more timely response (these blogs and myspace tend to get blocked by hospital computers...)

    Farris...fuck you...my middle name is Punk...

    By Blogger Jimmy, at 7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home