Minh Ba, medicine and the midwest

Monday, February 05, 2007

North Carolina

So I lied about blogging about NY last week. I was lazy. I will do it sometime soon, but I just started my rotation today at Duke. I am doing a month in Musculoskeletal Radiology to hone my skills of reading plain films and MRIs. So far it has been really good, there is lots to see and many good lectures to take part in. I lucked out and arrived the same week they have a week long lecture series on Musculoskeletal MRI put on as continuning medical education (CME) credits for local physicians. Being a student, I pay nothing for the lectures, I just get to sit and absorb. I am very impressed so far; Duke has an amazing medical centerwith over 800 beds.
It is definitely nice to be out here with some familiar faces. I'm staying with Devo at his place this month. Last night when I got in, we went to Uhlman and McCarthy's place to watch the superbowl. It was great to see them, and I'm sure I'll be spending much more time with them soon. Not too many plans so far but to attend as many bball games as possible and explore North Carolina. I've got one game lined up, since Devo managed to round up two tickets to the Duke/Wake game. We have other plans to go to Raleigh and see a NCState game and maybe a UNC game in Chapel Hill. Just the kind of things I need to do to prepare for March Madness. We might even throw in a trip to D.C. one of these weekends and maybe even the Kritsonis can come down from his lair in Virginia Beach. That's all for now, another update soon. I promise...really....I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home