Minh Ba, medicine and the midwest

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

March Madness

It's that time of the year again, when the brunt of my spare time from Thursday to Sunday will be spent glued to the tube. I am taking part in 4 different brackets this year, one that I'm doing just for fun, and the other three in hopes that I might actually make some money this year. One bracket is with Schaefer and peeps from back home, which he e-mailed a few days ago about splitting the winnings and making 50% go to a charity, specifically the Leukemia and Lymphoma society. I think this is a great idea, and with so many people running office pools, we could fundraise so much money for charity if everyone donated a portion of the tournament pool money. The other two brackets are with the orthopedic clinic and the anesthesiologists at the hospital. An interesting stastic that I heard on the news is that American companies are projected to lose nearly $4billion in wages and productivity from distractions caused by the NCAA tournament. I know that the next following weeks, in clinic and in the OR, we will definitely be slowed down. My attending joked today that turnover time is going to be ridiculous for our Thursday and Friday surgeries.

This year I had intended to go to the final four, when I won tickets through the NCAA lottery, but with all the expenses I've accrued this year with traveling and the upcoming Europe trip, I had to pass, and instead had to sell my tickets. My $200 investment turned into a $1000 profit, so I'm not too terribly disturbed.

On other news, I ran a 4 mile early St. Patty's day race last weekend and finished at around 45 minutes. Pretty piss poor for most people, but damn good for me.

This weekend is the start of house hunting. I'm going to head down to Tulsa on friday to start the search, hopefully I'll have a good idea by the time I leave on Sunday, by miracle maybe I'll find a home before I leave.

Hope everyone is doing well. Have a fun and safe St. Patty's day, and hopefully I'll see most of you guys in a month for Meathead's wedding.

1 Comments:

  • Your time would have been a lot better if you didn't stop to take pictures along the way. Such a boater. Stair climb is this weekend you're missing out. DR

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home